Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surgery Update

We left the house at 5:45am. Got to the hospital around 6:25am. They got her back and into pre op quickly. And there we sat for 2 hours. Child life came in and brought us an Ipad. Andrew and I enjoyed it quite thoroughly…. I mean Lily did. FYI if anyone out there is thinking what gift could I get for lovely Kim and that darling Lily, well an Ipad would do.



They took her from us a little after 8:30am and we grabbed a bite to eat. When we made it back up to the waiting room they said they made the incision a little after 9:15am.
We sat there for about 2 hours and then we got to go into recovery. She looked so peaceful sleeping there. Every time she moved though she would cry. The nurse was telling us that they were getting her a room and we were staying. I said “no this is outpatient” and she said “no orders say she is staying”. I said we need to talk to the surgeon. We had yet to speak to anyone and I started thinking something went wrong during surgery since it was originally going to be outpatient. Surgeon eventually came in and said it was up to us to stay or not. Said everything went perfectly, they were able to keep it on the left side and she did well. We said if she is fine we will take her home and that is what we did. She slept pretty much all day long yesterday and she cried whenever we tried to move her even an inch. I let her lay all day, but today she is going to have to move some. Poor girl. She is smart though; she knows what hurts and refuses to move it.
My mom kept Oliver all day and Andi was at school so it was nice to have a restful day after such an eventful morning. When Andi came home she was so good and calm it was so nice. Today might not be as lovely. Hopefully Oli will be on his best behavior.
The tooth fairy didn’t find Andi at Grandma’s house AND didn’t come last night either. We are really hoping she comes today while Andi is at school because she is feeling quite left out. Oh that darn fairy.
We may send Lily to school on Thursday or Friday. We will see how she is doing. I was told they didn’t go under the muscle so it shouldn’t be too painful. We have an appointment to turn it on next Thursday the 19th. I am really praying this was all worth it.
We still don’t know who the neuro will be. I saw our neuro on our way to the cafeteria and told him he better hook us up with someone amazing.
Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes and concern. I am always so overwhelmed by the support we receive.

5 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Great news about Lily's surgery. Can't wait to hear how it goes next week.

Looks like Daddy was having fun on the iPad!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and family! I am so happy to hear that Lily is doing good. I have been thinking and praying for you all constantly! I just adore your precious little girl and feel so blessed to be with her on Sundays. Take care and I will continue to pray for you!

Jill (Lily's Sunday school teacher)

Nicole said...

So glad Lily did so well! Hugs to you guys!!

Zenaida said...

I am so happy to hear the surgery went well! Sweet, gentle hugs for Lily! Brave beautiful girl

Kim said...

Glad to hear that everything went well with the surgery. As I mentioned earlier to you, our daughter Charlotta will be having the VNS installed hopefully in the Fall. First, though, we have scoliosis surgery on May 16. I'm hoping it goes as well as Lily's surgery.

Cheers,
Kim (from Vancouver, Canada)

Popular Posts