Monday, April 11, 2011

What a day! Oli had his very first survival swim lesson and to be quite honest, I have been a nervous wreck over this thing. I thought they take your kid and hold them under water while the kick and scream… not really, but I thought it had to be something awful, but not willing to mess around with Oliver this summer and hearing how amazing the results are and winning a free week in a raffle I knew it was the right thing to do. I begged Andrew to go late to work and go with me. I just thought this was going to be awful. I had to fill out tons of paperwork, pay registration fees and it is a weekly cost for several weeks, it is a big deal. Anyway today was the day and the worse part was he can’t eat prior. He did awesome! He went right to the instructor, who has a heated pool and did everything she told him to do. The lesson is only 10 minutes and she helped him find the bar first time with assistance and then less and less. When she put him under the water he looked like he might cry but he looked over at us who were hooting and hollering for him like he just scored the winning touchdown for the Super Bowl and then he smiled a huge smile! The instructor was encouraged he will do just fine. She said she could tell he has a laid back attitude… yeah thanks to me. We left feeling so full of pride for our little boy!
Let’s see how this goes every single day for the 4-6 weeks!
After that we had a couple errands to run, somehow I seem to managed to embarrass myself and a stranger by getting my tampons in his groceries. Well I don’t think I did it, I think the conveyor belt did it but whatever.
Then we had to pick up Lily and take her to the Geneticists. It was one of those appointments I thought we’d be in and out, but that was silly. Her assistant came in to talk about the past year and I told her about the pass out episode in the stander. I also talked about being concerned she is having breath holding episodes, leg cramps, constipation, seizures out of control, ummm. I think that is it. She came in and wanted to go over everything. She is awesome. Like not just an awesome Dr, but seems like the mom you want to tell her all about your headache knowing she will be comforting and help it go away. She was not happy to hear all about her stuff going on and she wanted an EKG right away, they did it there, she wanted labs done, they did them right away. She wants a sleep study done to make sure she isn’t having apnea and she wants Lily to see a cardiologist. Sigh. We were there over 2 hours! But I felt like Lily was being well cared for. Her blood pressure is on the lower side, so I am praying all the cardio stuff is just being overcautious and it was probably because of the low blood pressure, like her old mama. They also want me to call the neuro surgeon’s office to see what the hold up on the VNS is. Hello.. I do all the time! So I guess we are gonna have to wait to hear back from everyone. I’m hopeful that all will be fine. I guess if it isn’t we’ll take that one step at a time like with everything else. I wanted to add Oliver was awesome during this appointment. We were in a small room for 2 hours and he was fine with a sink and gloves to entertain him.
I also wanted to add Andi Jane rode her bike last night without training wheels! Finally! I know! But she was so excited she had to call both sets of Grandparents, it was so cute.
Tomorrow Oli has his appointment with the Dr about his ears and hearing. I’m curious to see what the next step is going to be. I hope his swimming lessons don’t have to stop or be delayed…
I just have to keep in mind Romans 8:28
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.”

1 comment:

Aqib said...

good blog! KeepIt Up

Popular Posts